The Fullers Reading Group is our flagship book club. It is run by our colleague Rayne, who has recently returned to Tasmania after having spent fifteen years abroad teaching History, Classics, and Great Books classes at various universities in the USA and UK.
The schedule for 2024 is as follows:
• February: Zadie Smith, The Fraud
• March: Shankari Chandran, Chai Time at Cinnamon Gardens
• April: Richard Flanagan, Question 7
• May: Christos Tsiolkas, The In-Between
• June: Paul Lynch, Prophet Song
• July: Jorge Luis Borges, Fictions
• August: tba
• September: tba
• October: tba
• November: tba
Sessions are held in the first week of each month (see below). Session times are as follows (please note they may be subject to change or revision):
1. Mondays 10am-11:00am (Hadley’s Orient Bar)
2. Tuesdays 10am-11:00am (Hadley’s Orient Bar)
3. Thursdays 6pm-7:00pm (Hadley’s Gallery)
4. Saturdays 11am-12:00 (Hadley’s Orient Bar)
5. Second Wednesday 6pm-7pm (Hadley’s Gallery)
In order to manage social distancing, each group will be capped at 15 members, and sessions are being held offsite (where there is more space) at Hadley’s Orient Hotel just around the corner. Please be mindful of the continued risks posed by COVID-19, and refrain from attending if you are experiencing any flu-like symptoms, or have had any contact with a confirmed or probable COVID-19 case in the previous 14 days.
For more information, or to express your interesting in joining, please contact Rayne at email@example.com.
The Fullers Reading Group was started by Irene McGuire in 1997. The first book they ever discussed was Patrick O’Brian’s Master and Commander. Since then they have met monthly, February-November, every year (with the exception of pandemic-struck 2020).