The Fullers Reading Group is our flagship book club. It is run by our colleague Rayne, who has recently returned to Tasmania after having spent fifteen years abroad teaching History, Classics, and Great Books classes at various universities in the USA and UK.
The revised schedule for 2022 is as follows:
• February: Amanda Lohrey, The Labyrinth
• March: Abdulrazak Gurnah, Afterlives
• April: Niall Williams, This Is Happiness
• May: Louise Erdrich, The Sentence
• June: Damon Galgut, The Promise
• July: Laura Jean McKay, The Animals in That Country
• August: Geraldine Brooks, Horse
• September: Sei Shonagon, The Pillow Book
• October: Patrick White, The Aunt’s Story
Book choices for September, October, and November will be announced shortly. Stay tuned!
Sessions are held in the first week of each month, with additional sessions available in the second week of each month (see below). Session times are as follows (please note they may be subject to change or revision):
1. Mondays 10am-11:30am (Hadley’s)
2. Mondays 12:30-2pm (Hadley’s)
3. Tuesdays 10am-11:30am (Hadley’s)
4. Tuesdays 6pm-7:30pm (Fullers)*
5. Wednesdays 6pm-7:30pm (Fullers)*
6. Thursdays 6pm-7:30pm (Fullers)
7. Saturdays 11am-12:30 (Hadley’s)
8. Saturdays 1pm-2:30pm (Hadley’s)
* These sessions will be repeated in the second week of each month
In order to manage social distancing, each group will be capped at 12 members, and sessions are being held either outside of shop hours or offsite (where there is more space). Please be mindful of the continued risks posed by COVID-19, and refrain from attending if you are experiencing any flu-like symptoms, or have had any contact with a confirmed or probable COVID-19 case in the previous 14 days.
In line with current government requirements, all Reading Group participants will need to wear masks.
For more information, or to express your interesting in joining, please contact Rayne at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Fullers Reading Group was started by Irene McGuire in 1997. The first book they ever discussed was Patrick O’Brian’s Master and Commander. Since then they have met monthly, February-November, every year (with the exception of pandemic-struck 2020).